Fireboy Total Flooding Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems
75 cu foot FBYHFC-227ea System Specifications:
- Maximum Volume Protected: 75 cu. ft. / 2.1 cu. meter
- Unit Diameter: 4.3" / 11 cm
- Unit Height: 11.9" / 30 cm
- Shipping Weight: 9 lbs. / 4.2 kgs.
- All Fireboy Systems are U.S.C.G. approved for use in the United States
- All FBYHFC-227ea Fireboy Systems are also approved for use in Europe (see details at bottom
Fireboy clean agent fire extinguisher systems are the cleaner, safer, and more effective alternative to dry chemical portable fire extinguishers.
- No residue or powdery mess is left behind
- No captain or crew response needed to fight a fire
- Quicker fire-out time
- Protecting vessels with engine rooms up to 1000 cubic feet
- Total flooding system
- On board, on guard, 24 hours a day, the safest way to combat an engine room fire
- Automatic discharge at 175°F (79°C)
- Available with FE-241 or HFC-227ea - both are effective Halon replacement clean agents
- No water or powdery residue
- Each system includes stainless steel mounting brackets, 2" round system status indicator light, and owner's manual / installation instructions
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
- USCG, Factory Mutual, and Bureau Veritas Approved
For over 30 years, Fireboy has been the most trusted name in on-board clean agent fire protection.
Fireboy fire systems are specifically designed for protecting enclosures up to 3,000 (MA systems) cubic feet, such as engine rooms on boats. Each system is armed for around-the-clock fire protection.
When 175°F (79°C) is reached, the extinguisher will automatically discharge, releasing the clean agent gas to totally flood the entire space, smothering the fire
Fireboy systems are available with Halon replacement clean agents FE-241 or HFC-227ea. Both are equally effective and leave no water or powdery residue behind. Approved for Class B & C fires.
In addition to the peace of mind that comes from installing a Fireboy system, many insurance providers offer a discount for boaters with an on-board fixed fire extinguisher system. All models are factory rechargeable, except when discharge occurs due to a fire, and are backed by a three-year limited warranty.
Clean Agents: FE-241 vs. HFC-227ea
Systems come with a choice of two non-residue clean agents:
- FE-241 (Chlorotetrafluoroethane) which is approved for unoccupied spaces such as engine rooms and is approved for use in the United States.
- HFC-227ea (Heptafluoropropane) which is approved for occupied spaces and is approved for use in Europe.
Both are considered to be suitable Halon replacement agents under the EPA’s SNAP program. HFC-227ea is manufactured by DuPont as FE-227™ and by Great Lakes Chemical as FM-200®.
All Fireboy systems are approved by Factory Mutual, USCG, and Bureau Veritas. In addition, all systems containing HFC-227ea are approved to EN ISO 9094-1 and EN ISO 9094-2 Standards by Bureau Veritas, RINA, and Factory Mutual.